Home | Blog |
Committees are critical to a successful fundraising or corporate golf event. Here are some guidelines that can help:
- Select committee members with a wide range of experience. For example some from sales and marketing, some from operations, some from finance, some from a technical background and some with fundraising experience.
- Find committee members who have a lot of energy and believe in the goals of our organization.
- Look for committee members who have contacts in the business community so they can identify potential sponsors and teams
- Publish agendas in advance of your committee meeting (a sample committee meeting agenda is available on PerfectGolfEvent.com
- Don't waste their time. Be organized and consider some conference calls and online meetings in between actual live meetings.
- Keep everyone up to date on the progress of registering players and sponsors.
- Have fun and be positive. Remember, these are volunteers so treat them well and they will respond.