There are three primary reasons to have a fundraising golf event:
• To raise money
• To reinforce relationships with existing supporters, staff and volunteers
• To introduce your organization to new potential supporters
• Before You Start
Important considerations as you organize a fundraising golf event:
– Have you allowed enough time to plan and execute the event?
– Can you identify potential committee members, staff and volunteers to support your event?
– Do you have funds available for marketing, golf course deposits and other pre-event services?
Players and Sponsors
The key to a successful event is attracting players and selling sponsorships
One of your first important tasks will be building a database of potential players and sponsors
Setting Your Goals
Establish a 3-year plan for your event
Set ‘net revenue’ goals for each year
If this is a new event, be conservative in your expectations for the first year.
Golf Event Objectives
Provide players with a great experience
Provide value to sponsors
Expose new attendees to your organization
How to Make Money Your First Year
Create an exciting atmosphere (visit PerfectGolfEventShop.com for contests)
Set up a 3-year plan
Use the Perfect Golf Event resources
Set up Effective Committees
Set Reasonable Expectations for Your Group
Provide a Great Event Experience
Bring everyone back for next year