As your event day comes to a close, the dinner and charity golf awards ceremony will be the last chance you have to make a lasting impression on your guests. Furthermore, use it as another opportunity to stress the important role your golf event plays in supporting your organization and thank everyone involved in the event. In order to make a positive last impression you will need to keep the attention of your guests and make the charity golf awards ceremony fun for everyone.
Here are several tips to get them looking forward to next year’s event:
- Have a master of ceremonies – Choose a master of ceremonies that is recognizable to everyone, perhaps a celebrity or CEO of a local company. Most of all, get someone who can keep the ceremony upbeat and move things along. Here are some good tips for choosing a master of ceremonies, including some do’s and don’ts.
- Give your sponsors an opportunity to speak – Use the awards ceremony as an opportunity to give your top sponsors more exposure. Have them say a few words about their involvement with your organization. This will add more value to the sponsorship and solidify their involvement in the future.
- Acknowledge your volunteers – Introduce your tournament committee and the volunteers that make the golf event possible. As a result, it will show that you appreciate them, and give them incentive to support the event in the future.
- Invite additional guests – Invite the spouses of your guests to join the event for the dinner and charity golf awards ceremony, including the silent auction.
- Make everyone a winner – Try to send every participant home with something. In addition, give out as many prizes that your budget will allow. Here are the TOP 12 gifts for golfers!
Sample Charity Golf Awards Schedule:
5:30 p.m. Silent Auction Opens
6:00 p.m. Welcome/Dinner
6:30 p.m. Introductions/Dessert
6:45 p.m. Sponsor Recognition
7:00 p.m. Organization Message
7:15 p.m. Awards (Contests and Winners)
7:30 p.m. Raffle Drawing
7:45 p.m. Closing Remarks
8:00 p.m. Silent Auction Closes
Finally, make sure the mater of ceremonies is specifically charged with keeping the evening on schedule. This is especially relevant after a long day of golf.
Request Our Free E-Book
Our experienced Golf Event Coaches have assembled a quick guide to selling sponsorships to a fundraising golf event! Enter your email below to have it sent to you as a PDF.