Planning a golf event is a challenge but can be rewarding if you follow the right steps. Here is a quick checklist of items to consider. You can learn more and build your custom event website on PerfectGolfEvent.com:
1. Develop your goals. Why are you having the event and, a fundraiser, how much do you want to raise
2. Organize a committee. You can start with a smaller group and then add to the group as your planning continues.
3. With the committee, decide on the date. Allow 6-9 months to plan and execute an event. If this is your first event, you can use a shorter timeframe if needed but you will need to work a little harder.
4. Select a golf course. See PerfectGolfEvent.com for checklist on selecting the right golf course.
5. Once you have a golf course and a date for your event, set up your website. This is a critical step in launching your event.
6. Start promoting your event. See my blog on “Marketing a Golf Event” and “Selling Sponsorships” for more ideas.