Wrap it Up
Congratulations! You have made in through event day. Now you must begin to wrap up this year’s charity golf event and begin looking to next year. Use the wrap up as a way to sustain the momentum from your event and carry it right into next year’s tournament.
Here are a few things that need to be done after your event:
- Clean Up – Do not leave the golf course a mess. Do a walk through after your event and make sure everything has been picked up.
- Committee Evaluation Meeting – Within 2 weeks of your event you should schedule a follow up committee meeting to discuss areas of your charity golf event that went well and areas that will need improvement. You should also review your budget, profit numbers, and discuss how to retain your sponsors for next year.
- Pay the Bills – Make sure to pay all of your bills on time. The golf course and your vendors will appreciate it, and be ready to get to work when you come calling next year.
- Pick Up Sponsor Signage – Most sponsor signage can be used for several years. Make sure you tell the golf course staff you plan to keep your charity golf event signage and pick it up from the course as soon as possible.
- Collect all Fees – Collect all sponsor and golfer money that was not collected before the event. It becomes harder to collect money as time passes so contact your sponsors and golfers early and often.
- Thank You Letters – Be professional. Send letters to everyone that helped make your event a successful fundraiser. This includes but is not limited to: the golf course, sponsors, golfers, committee members, volunteers and vendors.
- Database Management – Enter all sponsor and golfer contact information into a database. This allows you to continue to maintain contact with your supporters for years to come. Focus on adding to your database every year and keep it up to date.
- Reserve the Golf Course in Advance – Within several weeks of your charity golf tournament you should have a contract signed for next year’s event. Also discuss any changes that can be made to make the event more successful.
- Sell Sponsorships – It is never too early to lock in your sponsors for next year. Some events will sell sponsorships on a 3 to 5 year continuum, guaranteeing the sponsors a place in the event for years to come. Read our featured article about 21 Ways to Sell Golf Event Sponsorships!