How to Conduct a Virtual and Traditional Fundraising Golf Event in These Challenging Times
Golf events are an excellent way to raise money and connect with current and potential supporters. The current health crisis has many organizations looking to safely conduct their golf event in 2020.
You have several options for a successful golf event for your organization:
Virtual Golf Event
Social distancing restrictions require non-profits to develop creative alternatives to their traditional golf event. A “Virtual Golf Event” is one option that can still help you raise money, engage with your supporters, and maintain social distancing guidelines.
A virtual event, if conducted properly, can be both fun and effective in raising money.
Here is one version of a “Virtual Golf Event”:
• The event is held during a specific date range. For example, Jun 1 – June 15.
• You work with the golf course on a special rate for your players. Remember, all golf courses need revenue and golfers now, so you should be able to negotiate a good rate for golf.
• Set up your event on Perfect Golf Event so players can register and pay online. The rate you charge to participate is above what the course is charging so you raise money.
• You can sell sponsorships with sponsors receiving recognition on the website, in all communications and during the online awards ceremony.
• Once registered, players contact the golf course to arrange a tee time for their group during the time period for your event. They can print the Perfect Golf Event confirmation to take to the course. You can also provide the course with updates on registered players using the PGE reporting system.
• The rules for the event can be displayed on your Perfect Golf Event website. They can also be included in emails as you promote the event and once someone registers. The golf course should also have a set of rules.
• After the round, scorecards are submitted to the golf course.
• Additional fundraising options during a virtual event include mulligans, a skins game, raffle and online auction.
• After the final date for your event, scores are posted and communicated, and “virtual” awards are presented. You can schedule a “Zoom” meeting to reveal results, draw raffle tickets and thank sponsors.
Group Golf Event
A group golf event, depending on your area, is still a viable preferred option. If you incorporate safety procedures into your event, your organization can raise money and re-connect with your supporters. These events also present the most effective way to raise more funds.
It is important to have a website for your event for online registrations, payment processing, sponsor recognition, marketing and reports. You can set up your free Perfect Golf Event Website in minutes. We have helped thousands of organizations raise more money with their fundraising golf event. You can schedule a call with one of our Golf Event Coaches to discuss your event by emailing email@example.com. Golf courses can be a very safe, controlled environment and with your Perfect Golf Event website, many transactions and interactions can be done online prior to your event.