Home | Blog |
Marketing your golf event can be done effectively without spending a lot of money. Here are some ideas on how to plan a charity golf tournament:
- The most first step is setting up your website. Not only it is an effective way to promote your event, but you eliminate cost of printing and mailing brochures.
- Once you have a website, set up Twitter and Facebook accounts just for your event. This will help you tap into the power of social media.
- Involve your committee and supporters to send links to your Perfect Golf Event website to potential players and sponsors. Ask them to request their friends and business associates to forward the link to their contacts.
- Use the e-mail tools in PerfectGolfEvent.com to upload e-mail lists and send e-mail announcing your event.
- Post a link to your website on your organization main website. Ask committee members and sponsors to do the same.
- Develop a press release that you can send to local media outlets including any golf media outlets including radio shows.
- Ask for referrals. When someone signs up for your event ask them for other potential sponsors or players. You might offer an incentive, for example raffle tickets, a extra hole sign or dinner tickets.
- Add testimonials to your communications. Have a player comment on why they are playing or a sponsor comment on why they believe the sponsorship will be effective.
- Finally, develop a detailed marketing calendar and list all your planned marketing activities. Be sure you have regularly scheduled marketing action steps every 7-10 days leading up to your event.