The $5000 Putting Contest is a great fundraiser and fun for players before tee-off. Players compete and the finalist gets one last putt (50 ft. min) for $5000 cash prize. Includes customized sponsor sign.
Here is an example of how to conduct the $5000 putting contest:
Be sure to review the official “Terms and Conditions” which are provided by our customer service prior to your event.
- Players sign up for the contest. Most events charge a participation fee to raise more money, for example, $10 per putt or 3 putts for $20.
- Set the putt length at 50-60 feet.
- Putters qualify for the final round by being the closest to the hole.
- The two to six golfers (you decide the number of finalists) closest to the pin from the qualifying round will participate in the finals.
- For the finals, the finalists putt from 50 feet or more. The finalist closest to the hole wins the last chance to putt for $5,000.
- Since this is a cash putting contest, the winner gets to take one putt in an attempt to win the prize. It must be from a separate line and they get no practice attempts.
How to Raise Money with Putting Contests:
Putting Contest entry fee = $10 per putt, or 3 putts for $20.
If you have 100 players, that would raise $1,000 – $2,000.
Sell a sponsorship for the putting contest for $750.
Cost of the contest = $250
Net revenue = $1,500 to $2,500.
You provide the sponsor with a sign displaying the company name and allow them to participate in the contest (help measure putts).
Invite your putting contest sponsor to help you run the contest. This increases the value of the sponsorship because the sponsor interacts with the players.
For more contest ideas, take a look Here.