The Pebble Beach Putting Contest is a great way to raise money at your event. The winner of the qualifying round receives one final putt from 50 ft. If the putt goes in, the winner gets:
- Two nights, three days lodging at the Inn at Spanish Bay
- Golf for two at Pebble Beach, the Links at Spanish Bay and Spyglass
- $1,000 airfare credit.
Includes a full-color sign customized with your sponsor logo.
About Putting Contests
Here is an example of how to conduct a putting contest:
- Players sign up for the contest. Most events charge a participation fee to raise more money, for example, $10 per putt or 3 putts for $20.
- Set the putt length at 50 feet or more.
- Putters qualify for the final round by being the closest to the hole.
- The two to four golfers (you decide the number of finalists) closest to the pin from the qualifying round will participate in the finals.
- For the finals, the finalists putt from 50 – 60 feet or more. The finalist closest to the hole or in the hole gets to take the final putt for the grand prize.
- For the grand prize putt, the winning golfer from the qualifying gets to putt from 50 ft – if they make the putt, they win the prize.
How to Raise Money with Putting Contests:
- Putting Contest entry fee = $10 per putt, or 3 putts for $20.
- If you have 100 players, that would raise $1,000 – $2,000.
- Sell a sponsorship for the putting contest for $750.
- Cost of the contest = $495
- Net revenue = $1,255 to $2,255.
Invite your putting contest sponsor to help you run the contest. This increases the value of the sponsorship because the sponsor interacts with the players.
Pair with a Million Dollar Shot to create a Super Ticket